Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

Today was the finishing of Food Security. I am very fortunate to have been blessed with the family that I was born into. I have always had food on my plate even when my family was struggling financially. I have always done things with my church that helps the low-income population and providing food for those in need. It's not until I have been away at college and have been on my own that I have come close to experiencing what it's like to not have food to eat. The first two years of college it was fine because my parents saved enough money for me to have tuition and board paid for. It was great not having to worry about that. The next two years have been a different story. Now that I am in charge of buying and making my own food, it is harder to get all the things I want and need. In the past couple of months I have been low with money for food because I have had to pay bills and my rent all of the year. It is very tough but the one thing that has saved me from being evicted or bankrupt is my parents. They are the lifesavor when I am drowning in life. They have been there so much for me when I have failed finacially. I realize that even though I may be struggling with my money, I still have a safe haven to call home where I know I can have food if I really needed it. It is hard to realize that I have to ask for help in getting the resources I need because I do not like when people go out of their way to do things for me, but thats just the way I am and need to get over it. Going through this, I know I need to do my duties and help those in need so that they can have a safe haven to fall back on as well.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your comments and am glad that you have decided to take the class. It will be nice to have your perspective. dh

    ReplyDelete