Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20, 2010

Our guest speaker from Jobs and Family Services seemed like he didn't really prepare for his presentation. I thought he was knowledgable about Food Stamps to a certain extent. Overall, I learned a great deal about Food Stamps and really enjoyed the time we had today for discussion afterwards. I really like discussion time so that we as students have a chance to share our own experiences and relate them to what we are learning in class.
Discussing policy has never been a favorite of mine but I was really interested in the programs that policy has created. We went over programs in class and I am going to research them to learn more about how policy effects our community. I am hoping that I will use these policies in my later careers working with families and nutrition.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, thanks for these comments and your continued contributions to class. Dr. H

    ReplyDelete