Monday, April 19, 2010

Tour of Community Gardens (April 15, 2010)

The community garden is one of my favorite things about living in Athens. I love that the city provides a place for the community to come and learn how to grow their own food and learn how to live with a healthful diet. Patty was very informant on what all goes on through CFI and the community gardens. I have been to one meeting of CFI where we learned how to make pizza from the bakers at Avalanche. The tour made me really excited about planting in our garden. I am learning that this is a great way to promote nutritious lifestyles and help educate families how easy it can be to incorporate home grown vegetables and fruits. I got a chance to start on the garden and prepare it for planting soon. Having a garden could also be a great tool to help lower income families get the proper nutrition from growing their own foods. Planting foods that grow each year is cheap and resourceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment