Monday, April 26, 2010

Ohio State Extension (April 22, 2010)

Today we met at the OSU extension center and was well informed on everything that goes on there. I have heard of the extension center through a friend and from my previous major, Family and Consumer Science Ed. I think that everything that goes on through this center is a great way to help this community out and provide resources to help individuals when they are in need. I am finding more and more resources like the extension center that do great and wonderful things for the community. I love this and am so passionate about helping families in need and helping any way I can and know how. I am very thankful to learn about these resouces and will definitely keep all of this ideas and programs in mind when working with families in my future.

So far the extension program has accomplished so many things from when it was first created. Rory did an outstanding job with presenting the information to us, it seemed almost night and day compared to the last speaker. Learning more and more about each resource I am starting to see connections with other service organizations and resouces showing that the community works together to benefit the people of the community. What a great step this is to creating a strong, healthy community.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I appreciate that you are making connections...that is my goal! I continue to appreciate your comments and class contributions. Dr. H

    ReplyDelete