Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 27, 2010

Today we discussed our research on several agencies that involve nutrition, health, the community and dietitians. I was not aware of the amount of different groups that promote and advocate nutrition in the community. It is so important as professionals to know the in's and out's of resources that we can give our clients to help then with any need they might have. I have actually really come to love the program that I researched. I did not know that Head Start and any part of nutrition incorporated into the program. I have come to love the program and have found that AmeriCorp offers a position for Head Start and I have made a commitment with myself that I will apply for this job after I graduate next spring. This program seems to be a perfect fit for me to be working with families and children and adding in nutrition as well. I am really excited about getting to know more about this program and what other things they offer.

I was also intrigued by all the other agencies that were discussed. I love that there are so many different ways to get involved as a professional giving people in this field a variety of ways to put their knowledge and profession into practice. I will always have these handouts for future reference of my work as a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment