Monday, May 17, 2010

May 11, 2010

Today was a great day with our speaker from WIC. I am a big supporter of this program and could see myself working there in my future. WIC was what really inspired me to go into family studies along with some nutrition. I have learned that there are many opportunities that I can do with these two areas of study. I think that a lot of women who are pregnant or have just had a baby are lacking the right nutrition especially those who are in low-income families. I think this program is far beyond the programs like food stamps becasue of the nutritional requirements and the certain foods that they only allow the families to purchase. I think that is what makes WIC stand out from all the other supportive agencies. I was also very impressed with the information and the presentation of the speaker. She seemed very passionate about her job and really knowledgable about the WIC program. She was also really inspiring in general for us students who are close to graduating to find jobs where we are passionate and wanting to make a difference in people's lives. She was also really encouraging and I hope to have a job like her's where I feel the same about my work as she does.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole - I am glad that you were encouraged by the WIC speaker. I liked the talk too. I was looking forward to reading about the Dairy Council, but that entry was not there. Thanks for your continued contributions. Dr. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. WIC actually really helps a lot on those moms, infants,and children, that's why Julie shows her passionate there. Very glad you find your path. Could you post your blog in time?

    ReplyDelete