Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 29, 2010

Today we finished up the agency discussions and also had a wonderful speaker, Bryant Terry. I also went to the demonstration he had later that night and learned so much more about him and what he has done. He is very inspiring and encouraging to make a change and how important it is for people to eat healthy and sustainable. Bryant Terry is a very educated man and you can tell by how he presents himself and his information. His education in history and english is nothing compared to what he has learned from his grandparents, who have made a huge impact on his life and has inspired him to continue his education at culinary school. As much as I learned from Bryant, I think my favorite part about his talk later that night was the samples of a dish he prepared. It was a concoction of chard cooked in a pan of boiling oil with mince garlic. He then added golden raisins and a splash of orange juice. This was one of the best vegan dishes I have ever eaten. It was so full of flavor and yet so simple and easy to cook. I am really interested in possibly getting his cookbook and trying more vegan meals and foods. I am not vegan or vegetarian but would love to venture out and try these dishes and possibly adding meat in for my own source of protein.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds really interesting what he cooked that night for vegan. Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Mr. Terry. Thanks for your continued contributions to class. Dr. H

    ReplyDelete