Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 6, 2010

Today was probably my favorite day of class so far! I always enjoy being outside and working in the community any way I can and this was the perfect thing for me. I love planting and gardening in general and to plant fruit trees for the community was something that I want to keep doing! It was so great to work out in the field and see first hand what community nutrition is really about. I am excited to watch them grow and produce fruit and possibly help take care of them if needed.

I also got to finally plant our seeds and plants out at our garden over the weekend and am really excited for them to grow. Our garden looks great and I am anxious to see how many of our seeds survive. I have never planted with just seeds before only with starter plants. I actually got my seeds from White's Mill which was my first time visiting. I fell in love with White's Mill because everything they had to offer blew my mind. They had just about every plant and seeds needed to plant and what could be planted in this area. They were very helpful and nice that I talked to one lady for a while. I took time to walk around the whole place to make sure I was aware of all the things they had for the community and so I could tell others about it too. If only I had become aware of White's Mill earlier in my time here in Athens, but one year left I think is good time for me to use it to its full potential!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I am very glad to hear that you are really enjoy any type of planting either gardening activity. The community does really needs passional guys to help. Keep working and you will see your efforts from seeds:)

    ReplyDelete