Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Organic Workshop

April 1, 2010 - Organic Workshop (Also MY first day of class)

The organic workshop was a real eye-opener. I have been wanting to start my own garden but have been limited due to moving houses every year in college. All of the information provided was so helpful for anyone who wants to start planting and becoming more organic. The speakers were great in providing the information that everyone can understand. One of my favorite parts of the workshop was the hands on aspect. From making the snacks during the break to feeling the different kinds of soils brought in was a great learning experience.

I was also very thankful for the resources given for the attendees to take home and keep for further reference and preparation to start their own gardens. The USB tool was a great gift that I have shared with my friends already and have showed them what I learned and discussed. I also love all the seeds that we got to choose from to begin our own adventures in creating a garden. This was truly a great experience for both students and the community of Athens to come and learn about how to grow and consume locally produced foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment